Map Permanence (this is a complaint, if you don't want to hear me whine, don't read it!)

Go down

Map Permanence (this is a complaint, if you don't want to hear me whine, don't read it!)

Post  Aeonex on Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Greetings Admins, Ops, and Connor,

I have gone through 3 maps prior to the newest RP map being made. In the first map, I made a 200x200 plot, which I manually cleared, with manual labor assistance from Ahstro, Jrh, Trojans, and ScottConnor. We did not use WorldEdit commands, or Superpickaxe to clear the land.

That map was removed, without notice or communication that it would be restored.

Then I made a second "settlement" with Trojans and Jrh and we were told that map was temporary, so we abandoned it, knowing it would be deleted in time, that was OK. I am satisfied with this. However, we were told it was temporary through hearsay, and not through an official mod/admin/op of the server.

Finally, on Map 3, since my arrival to this server, I was neither told it wasn't, nor was permanent, as with the first. I requested my 200x200 plot be re-made, and it was, with reluctant help from 3 different mods/admins because it was "too hard" to use world-edit. One such admin even went as far as to rocket me into the air because they found my requests annoying. Killing me in the process. Ahstro has been the ONLY helpful person on this server towards me. Niner finally fixed my 200x200 properly and has also been very helpful.

Then that map was also deleted.

What map is permanent? What map isn't? Who is communicating this to the community? Is there a forum post for any of this?

No, no, no, and no.

I tried contacting Niner, Ahstro, and Connor in PM's just recently, with only Niner responding with "this map is permanent" and a "sorry" with no reconciliation for my losses.

How am I EVER supposed to start building ANYTHING without spawning? Or for that matter, build at all?

I'm sick and tired of the poor communication and lack of stability this server holds. There is absolutely no news feed for updates this server has. There are no avenues of communication which shows us what is and isn't permanent. Yes, I understand you're working this all for free, and we appreciate it.
But I am also working for free, trying to build a Metropolis on YOUR server.

If these issues aren't resolved, I am done dealing with this server. Servers need, at the very least, stability and trust, without it, they might as well not be servers at all.

-Goodbye
Aeonex

Last edited by Aeonex on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrections.)

Aeonex

Back to top Go down

Re: Map Permanence (this is a complaint, if you don't want to hear me whine, don't read it!)

Post  GooseNeck28 on Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:04 pm

You will eventually come to terms with the fact that if a map on this server lasts longer than two weeks, you're lucky.
GooseNeck28

Back to top Go down

Re: Map Permanence (this is a complaint, if you don't want to hear me whine, don't read it!)

Post  Aeonex on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:57 am

GooseNeck28 wrote:You will eventually come to terms with the fact that if a map on this server lasts longer than two weeks, you're lucky.

Or come to terms with the admins/ops telling all the users out right that none of the maps are permanent. . .
And leaving if I'm not satisfied.

Which is the case now.

No point staying on a server that doesn't have a permanent map. Useless that you can't even build mega structures.

Also can someone PLEASE make a sticky link which explains to future users that NONE of the maps here will EVER be permanent? Thank you.

Last edited by Aeonex on Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional comments.)

Aeonex

Back to top Go down

Post  _JAPPIE_ on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:41 am

the server is derped to death.
read the post on anouncements
_JAPPIE_
Server Operator
Server Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  Niner256 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:59 am

Aeonex i was the one who helped you get your 200x200 plot. I also was the only one who responded the reason i couldnt tell you that much is because i was in a mine fighting off the 3 skeles so im sorry for that but there is no reason to leave your a cool person and i like you alot.

Server Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeonex on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Niner256 wrote:Aeonex i was the one who helped you get your 200x200 plot. I also was the only one who responded the reason i couldnt tell you that much is because i was in a mine fighting off the 3 skeles so im sorry for that but there is no reason to leave your a cool person and i like you alot.

How many times are OPs like you going to need to re-do my 200x200 plot Niner? Will there ever be a permanent map? I was told map1 was truly permanent, but apparently that's not true. How can I trust this new RP one isn't going to do the same thing?

I'm just not going to waste my time anymore Niner, I've moved on. Thank you for your concern, and yes, you did help out, I remember it was you, not Ahstro who fixed it. I edited the first post to reflect this to give you credit.

Aeonex

Back to top Go down

Post  Niner256 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:05 pm

thank you and Aeo im trying to see if this map will last and if it wont i will pull a backup of to my desktop and then put in back in buddy.

Server Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  Miner_Person on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Aeonex if it helps ill clear out the 200x200 plot MYSELF if you dont leave the server. Also ill talk to connor about the server permanence and what happens in the near future. Just please dont leave the server i would hate it if someone left the server and i couldnt do a thing about it.
Miner_Person

Back to top Go down

Post  bobAKAbill on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:19 pm

BUMPY BUMP BUMPITY BUMPER BUMPLES!!!! >:-D
bobAKAbill

http://connorminecraft.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Connorcpu on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:27 pm

I am extremely sorry that there has been poor communication. That is partially my fault as I have not set up sufficient ways to learn this information officially. I am planning on keeping the current map, however. Unless the worst were to happen, you can rest easy knowing this map will stay

Server Owner
Server Owner

http://www.connorcpu.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum