Achievements, what do you think about it?

Go down

What do you think about achievements?

23% 23% 
[ 3 ]
69% 69% 
[ 9 ]
8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
 
Total Votes : 13

Achievements, what do you think about it?

Post  DVortex on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:23 pm

Some people think achievements ruin the game, as in minecraft a sandbox game which doesn't include goals.
Or other people think achievements are awesome that will make the game a little more use.
Or people think they are too easy and are just a waste of time.

What do you think?
I'll leave a poll for you guys to vote on. Smile

DVortex
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-12-30
Age : 19
Location : [REDACTED]

Back to top Go down

Re: Achievements, what do you think about it?

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:55 pm

I vote everything.

/fail

OT: They aren't bad, they just aren't as expansive and cool as they could be.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Achievements, what do you think about it?

Post  Zach222 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:08 pm

I like them. They add some sense of purpose to the game (not that I wasn't addicted before.)
The only thing I don't like at this point is that there aren't that many.
avatar
Zach222
Member

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Achievements, what do you think about it?

Post  crob4r on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:46 pm

I have to agree with both Zach and Nick on this... Come on, opening an inventory? Wowwww so hard.. No
avatar
crob4r
Member

Posts : 65
Join date : 2011-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Achievements, what do you think about it?

Post  jonOssm on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:33 pm

I would like for it to be a little harder to get some distant achievements but i think that some (opening the inventory for example) are just to get you started and on your way to harder ones (not any really hard ones though). In my opinion i think if there was a reward for the achievements then I would try harder to get them. They dont really give any reason for achieving them but to be able to say you achieved them.
avatar
jonOssm
Server Operator
Server Operator

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-03-07
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: Achievements, what do you think about it?

Post  Zach222 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:47 pm

I also wish that the achievements were harder... it might be because we've all been playing Minecraft for a while, but baking bread and opening our inventory isn't hard. The two that are challenging are When Pigs Fly and the cake one.
avatar
Zach222
Member

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Achievements, what do you think about it?

Post  crob4r on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:08 am

Zach222 wrote:I also wish that the achievements were harder... it might be because we've all been playing Minecraft for a while, but baking bread and opening our inventory isn't hard. The two that are challenging are When Pigs Fly and the cake one.


Both can be done in under 10min Razz
avatar
crob4r
Member

Posts : 65
Join date : 2011-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Achievements, what do you think about it?

Post  Zach222 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:04 am

crob4r wrote:
Zach222 wrote:I also wish that the achievements were harder... it might be because we've all been playing Minecraft for a while, but baking bread and opening our inventory isn't hard. The two that are challenging are When Pigs Fly and the cake one.


Both can be done in under 10min Razz

Not if your pigs are as stubborn as mine are.
avatar
Zach222
Member

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Achievements, what do you think about it?

Post  crob4r on Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:09 pm

Zach222 wrote:
crob4r wrote:
Zach222 wrote:I also wish that the achievements were harder... it might be because we've all been playing Minecraft for a while, but baking bread and opening our inventory isn't hard. The two that are challenging are When Pigs Fly and the cake one.


Both can be done in under 10min Razz

Not if your pigs are as stubborn as mine are.

Simple! Go into multiplayer, spawn a saddle (or find one legit) and have your friend push you off the cliff on the pig!
avatar
crob4r
Member

Posts : 65
Join date : 2011-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Achievements, what do you think about it?

Post  Zach222 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:26 pm

crob4r wrote:
Zach222 wrote:
crob4r wrote:


Both can be done in under 10min Razz

Not if your pigs are as stubborn as mine are.

Simple! Go into multiplayer, spawn a saddle (or find one legit) and have your friend push you off the cliff on the pig!

You, sir, are a genius.
avatar
Zach222
Member

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Achievements, what do you think about it?

Post  Big_Daddy723 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:41 am

i think these achievements were designed for the new, fresh minecrafters, so that the could get a better understanding of the game, and i hope that notch will create some more long-time-minecrafter oriented challenges
avatar
Big_Daddy723
Member

Posts : 28
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 23
Location : Minnesota, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Achievements, what do you think about it?

Post  crob4r on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Big_Daddy723 wrote:i think these achievements were designed for the new, fresh minecrafters, so that the could get a better understanding of the game, and i hope that notch will create some more long-time-minecrafter oriented challenges

Yes. Please. Sad
avatar
crob4r
Member

Posts : 65
Join date : 2011-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Achievements, what do you think about it?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum